Glossary beginning with S
Das Vokabular enthält alle Fachbegriffe, die im Glossar erklärt werden.
- When the gelatinous core leaks out of the spinal disc and into the spinal canal loosing contact with the original disc.
- slipped disc
- Soft gelatinous leaks out of the core of the vertebral disc, combined with a tear of the fibrocartilage ring (annulus fibrosus).
- spinal canal
- Also known as the vertebral canal. It is the extensive canal of the spine running from the first cervical vertebra to the sacrum. It contains the spinal cord.
- spinal stenosis
- Narrowing or constriction of the spinal canal. The spinal cord that runs through the spinal canal is squeezed and under pressure.
- spinous process
- The spinous process of a vertebra is directed backward and downward from the vertebral body and serves for the attachment of muscles and ligaments.
- Excessive wear/use (degeneration) of the facet joint. Also known as facet joint arthritis of the lower spine.
- a surgical technique used to join two or more vertebrae
- Instability of the spine.